Are LG Appliances Good?
LG appliances are recommended by experts—including our technicians—in many categories.
- Several LG washers are listed as “Best Choice” for front-loading appliances (small and large capacity) by Protégez-vous1 magazine .
- No fewer than nine LG dryer models have received a Recommended rating from Consumer Reports2 magazine , making up the entire “Electric Dryer” category.
- LG’s 30″, 33″ and 36″ refrigerators are rated “Best Choice” by Protégez-vous3 magazine .
- There are 10 LG cooking ranges among the 26 Recommended electric models by Consumer Reports4.
- However, LG dishwashers don’t fare so well. Consumer Reports magazine gives them disappointing scores of 51 to 665 . In particular, many models are reported to have disappointing performance during their drying cycle.
Are LG Appliances Reliable?
Consumer Reports magazine gives all LG washers, dryers, cooking ranges and refrigerators a perfect 5 out of 5 for expected reliability. This means that it’s unlikely that a problem not covered by the warranty will occur within five years of purchase. It’s a testament to the manufacturer’s reputation for these products.
If you own an LG dishwasher, the story may be different. For these appliances, the predicted reliability is only 3 out of 56, which is about average among major manufacturers.
Where Are LG Appliances Made?
Although LG is headquartered in South Korea, the company has a history of building its factories close to markets in order to meet demands more quickly and to reduce transportation costs. In North America, an LG plant in Mexico assembles refrigerators and cooking ranges. In Tennessee, a massive $360 million plant that opened in 2019 produces more than one million washing machines a year7.
Where Can I Find an LG Appliance Repairer?
You’ve already found one! As a recognized repair service since 1985 and thanks to its North American network of suppliers, Service 2000 can source LG OEM parts and carry out all necessary repairs. Our technicians come to your home in the regions of Montreal, Laval and the North Shore, Longueuil and the South Shore, as well as in the Laurentians, Montérégie and Lanaudière.
- Protégez-vous magazine’s “Best Picks”
- Consult the recommendations of Consumer Reports magazine
- LG 30-, 33- and 36-inch refrigerators are considered “Best Choice” by Protégez-vous magazine
- LG cookers Recommended by Consumer Reports magazine
- The poor performance of LG dishwashers according to Consumer Reports
- The reliability of LG dishwashers according to Consumer Reports
- Where Are LG Appliances Made?
Testimonials from our clients