How to Install a Washer and Dryer by Yourself
Before installing a washer and dryer in a new building, some plumbing and electrical work by a licensed professional is required. Once this is done—or if you’re replacing your old appliances with new ones—here’s how to do the rest1:
Installing a Washing Machine by Yourself
- Switch off the power and water supply, empty any leftover water from the drain hose, then disconnect and remove your old appliance.
- Connect the hot and cold water supply hoses, as well as the drain hose to your new washer.
- Plug in your device.
- Check that your washer is level, and run it for the first time, making sure everything is in order.
Installing a Dryer by Yourself
- Switch off the power, unscrew the flexible duct, then disconnect and remove your old appliance.
- Clean the flexible duct with a brush before connecting it to your new dryer.
- Plug in your device.
- Make sure your dryer is level and start it for a short time to check that it’s working properly.
- Installing parts and repairing appliances involve certain risks that you choose to assume on your own when you purchase parts from us. Service 2000 cannot be held responsible for any adverse consequences resulting from installing parts sold to you by us. Click here to read our policy and conditions.
Looking for a Washer and Dryer Professional Installer?
The above are broad guidelines: many models need additional steps as described in their owner’s manual. For example, stacking a washer and dryer may require special hardware, while installing any gas appliance should be left to a specially trained professional.
Your washer and dryer must be installed correctly for your safety and the proper operation of the appliances. A loose drain hose could cause severe water damage even after a single load. A clogged or defective flexible duct could make drying take a long time.
To avoid these issues, call on the technicians at Service 2000. Their work is covered by a one-year limited warranty (parts and labour), ensuring your peace of mind.
Specify the make, model and serial number of your dishwasher. Our team will then let you know if your installation requires any special considerations.
Testimonials from our clients