Should I repair or replace?
There always comes a time when one of your home appliances becomes defective and you haveto wonder whether you should repair or replace it. For your information, here are the fourconditions our technicians use to help them recommend whether to repair or completely replacesaid defective appliance:
- Physical State : is the general condition of your appliance acceptable, without any major signs of rust or corrosion?
- Mechanical State : in addition to the defect, does your appliance work silently, without any appearance of leakage, odors or any other mechanical signs?
- Cost of Repair : As a general rule, the repair should cost around half as much as a new appliance with the same set of features.
- Extension of Life Expectancy : will the repair extend the appliance’s life to 2 to 4 years?
In summary, if the appliance’s physical and mechanical conditions are satisfactory, the cost torepair it is about half the price of a new unit, and if the remedy would lengthen its life for two ormore years, your technician will recommend having your appliance repaired. Ultimately, you’llsave money on the long run!
Why does CAA recommend Service 2000 to repair your appliances?
Are your criteria for selecting appliance suppliers high? That’s great! Service 2000’s accreditation as a CAA-Quebec recommended supplier is an excellent display of confidence for you! By accrediting Service 2000 Appliances, CAA-Quebec ensures that we are worthy of yourtrust and validates that we meet the following rigorous selection criteria:
- Credibility and skills
Years of experience, compulsory licensing, professional affiliations, etc.
Verification of a company’s financial health.
- Reputation with customers
Satisfaction survey of a group of customers selected by CAA-Quebec.
- Value of a company’s Customer Protection Plan
Verification of liability and warranty policies.
Courtesy, speed, cleanliness, after-sales service, pricing, etc.
What is the life expectancy of your home appliances?
Average life expectancy of large electric appliances (years)
|Note: these figures represent the industrial average. RNCAN, 2007|
I've seen cheaper elsewhere.
Our goal at Service 2000 is to offer our customers quick service, technicians that are up to speed with latest technology, available inventory to procced to part replacement on our first visit should you wish to go ahead, a one-year guarantee on replacement parts and labour. Also, we are a CAA-Québec recommended supplier and authorized service center for about thirty manufacturers, including Bosch, Fisher & Paykel and Brigade (Viking).
If you want to do business with a solid company that will help you find solutions to your appliance issues for good, we are here for you.
I bought my own part, can you install it?
I found a cheaper part elsewhere.
The prices of the parts we offer include the following:
- We research and order the correct generation of parts.
- The parts are delivered to us, and we then deliver it to you.
- The parts we offer are inspected and guaranteed for one year, as well as the labour.
In general, how much does a repair cost?
I don't know the model number. Is this a problem?
Although we hold in stock a vast inventory of parts, it is possible that we do not have the one that is needed for your appliance, which would oblige us to make a return visit. We do not bill additional travel fees, we do strive to save yours and our time.
Will you bill me for two service calls if the technician is obligated to come back to install a replacement part?
Do you credit the service call if I accept you do the repair work on my appliance?
Testimonials from our clients