Are Samsung Appliances Good?
Samsung appliances enjoy great popularity in the market – though their reputation varies greatly from one type of appliance to another.
- Almost one third of Recommended washing machines according to Consumer Reports ratings are Samsung appliances1.
- There are 5 Samsung refrigerators among the 12 “Best Choice” appliances in the 36-inch category of Protégez-vous magazine2.
- According to Protégez-vous, a Samsung cooking range deserves the “Best Choice” award among the best gas stoves and those with ceramic cooktops3.
- If you’re thinking of buying a Samsung dryer, pay attention to the model. Consumer Reports ratings for these appliances range from an excellent 80 to a sub-par 67. Many budget models have a reputation for being noisy.
- Samsung dishwashers are very good and exceptionally energy efficient… but many turn out to be finicky appliances for which we get a lot of calls. Their disappointing predicted reliability undermines their rating in Consumer Reports, which gives them scores between 58 and 724.
Are Samsung Appliances Reliable?
If you buy a Samsung washing machine or gas range, it’s generally a safe bet. Consumer Reports magazine rates the predicted reliability of these appliances—the likelihood of a problem not covered by warranty within five years of purchase—at 4 out of 5 5 6. That’s about average for manufacturers of front-loading washers and among the best results for gas ranges.
Most refrigerators, electric cookers and dryers score a less impressive 3 out of 5.
Finally, it’s no surprise that our technicians repair so many Samsung dishwashers. Their predicted reliability is only 2 out of 57 (one of the worst ratings) and the customer satisfaction rating is an abysmal 1 out of 5.
Where Are Samsung Appliances Made?
Just about everywhere! The company manufactures appliances in South Korea (where its headquarters are located) as well as in Germany, China, Hungary, South Africa, Luxembourg, Sweden and India. In 2017, the company opened its first factory in the United States in Newberry County, California, where washing machines are now manufactured for the North American market8.
Where Can I Find a Samsung Appliance Repairer?
Since 1985, Service 2000 technicians have been repairing all models of Samsung appliances (except refrigerators). We can source OEM parts from our large network of suppliers in North America. Whether you live near Montreal, Longueuil, the South Shore, Laval, the North Shore or even in the Laurentians, Montérégie and Lanaudière, our technicians are ready for your call.
- Consult the recommendations of Consumer Reports magazine
- Protégez-vous magazine’s “Best Picks”
- A Samsung cooker “Best choice” according to Protégez-vous magazine
- The Pros and Cons of Dishwashers by Consumer Reports
- According to Consumer Reports, a Samsung washer is a safe bet
- According to Consumer Reports, a Samsung gas stove is a safe bet
- The poor performance of dishwashers according to Consumer Reports
- Where Are Samsung Appliances Made?
Testimonials from our clients